MONOL – 美味的食物
I believe everyone who comes to study in the Philippines always has a lot of worries. For example, security issues, local cuisines that are not suitable for one’s appetite, and teachers who don’t have a refined accent. To ease your mind, I will write and introduce Monol’s meals in this essay.
Let’s start with breakfast.
There is a fresh vegetable salad bar with a variety of super sweet fruits such as watermelons, cantaloupes, oranges, and papayas! It really makes me happy to get up early every morning.
There will be light dishes such as scrambled eggs, sausages, and fried rice. There are also porridge and bread.
Did I make you drool just by describing how rich a Monol breakfast is?
Next is lunch.
The fresh vegetable salad, fruits, and bread are ever present.
- Staple food: Rice, fried rice, local rice noodles or Japanese-style udon noodles
- Main dishes: Grilled chicken, fried pork with green bell peppers, etc.
- Side dishes: Stir-fried cabbage, cauliflower, etc.
- Soup: Kimchi soup with pork, corn soup, porridge, etc.
Every lunch and dinner time, the Monol dining hall will always have a long queue because the students are looking forward to the day’s dishes.
Let’s take a look at what’s served for dinner.
Again, the vegetable salad, fruits, and bread are offered.
- Staple food: Rice, pasta, curry rice, fried rice, etc.
- Main dishes: Fried chicken, ribs, teriyaki chicken, etc.
- Side dishes: Stir-fried vegetables, etc.
- Soup: Seaweed soup, corn soup, etc.
Don’t you think the meals are very rich? Of course, in the beginning, there were students who cannot get used to the food. Some of them are more flavorful if you eat it in Taiwan so I suggest you to bring some Taiwanese food, which can help you adapt. I know how painful it is to miss Taiwanese food!
In conclusion, you really don’t have to worry about dietary problems and you don’t have to worry about eating too much. Meals are very balanced because Monol does not only pay attention to the students’ education. Monol also finds great importance to what the students eat and providing proper nutrition.